(updated 12 November 2016)
www.othereden.co.uk (the Website) is operated by Kontri Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 08505698) whose registered office is at 49 Hevea Road DE13 0SH Burton-on-Trent. Our registered VAT number is 163766385. Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms "Kontri", "We" and "us" on this website to refer to Kontri Ltd. throughout this policy, which constitutes a part of our Website’s Terms and Conditions.
At Kontri Ltd. we are committed to respecting the privacy of visitors to our website. The goal of policy is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you, when you browse www.othereden.co.uk, shop with us or otherwise provide your personal data to us. This policy applies regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which you access the Website. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Kontri Ltd. on this Website and/or by using the Website generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
We do not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use www.othereden.co.uk or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Data we collect about you
We may collect various information (personal data) if you seek to place an order for a product to us on the Website.
We may collect the following personal data about you:
• e-mail address
• billing address
• delivery address (if different than your billing address)
• telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
How we use your personal data
We appreciate the importance of responsible use of your personal information, therefore please be assured that we do not sell gathered personal data to any third parties.
We (and third party data processors/services acting on our behalf) may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us from you:
• to make our Website available to you and to provide you with a personalised browsing experience and content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
• to set up and manage your account on our Website;
• for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order placed on www.othereden.co.uk;
• to send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us by e-mail (newsletter). If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time;
• for customer satisfaction, market research, analysis, monitoring, testing, risk management and administrative purposes;
• for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics and reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
Any data used by third parties acting on our behalf is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that We requested.
We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
To improve the satisfaction of our customers, we have partnered with the on-line review community, Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com) to collect reviews about our service.
When you place an order with us, after a few days from its dispatch, you will receive an e-mail invitation from Trustpilot (sent from the following email - firstname.lastname@example.org) to add your review on their website. You are not obliged to review us. However, we would be grateful if you share your opinion, as it will help us improve the services we provide for all our customers. If you make multiple purchases with us, you will receive an e-mail invitation from Trustpilot after each fulfilled order. This gives us the opportunity to represent a more accurate level of service to other customers via Truspilot, as well provide valuable feedback from our long-time customers.
In order to send you the e-mail invitation to evaluate us, Trustpilot requires that we provide them with your name, your e-mail address, and your order ID. Your order ID is needed as proof that your sale was made via our on-line store. Trustpilot allows their users to create reviews of sellers themselves (when no invitation to review is sent on behalf of the seller). Reviews by customers invited by the seller are marked with "Verified order" - this, in contrast to reviews added by non-invited users, gives other customers confirmation that the reviewer describes a truly genuine shopping experience. In order to create your review you will need to set up an account with Trustpilot. If you do not respond to your e-mail invitation to review us within 30 days, Trustpilot will delete your information. If you do not want to receive such invitations from Trustpilot, you may unsubscribe from this service. Note that this includes all feedback request emails from all merchants using Trustpilot’s review invitation service.
You have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, or have questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
• phone us on: 08000705225 (freephone from UK) or 020 3129 1615 (standard rates apply) or from overseas on +44 20 3129 1615 (international rates apply).
• e-mail us at: email@example.com
• write to us at: KONTRI LTD. 49 Hevea Road DE13 0SH Burton-on-Trent UK
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us. When signing in, logging in or placing your order in your browser you will see an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key, which means that encryption is used.
However, please note that even though we take appropriate measures to safeguard the your data, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
If you use our website in a public location, we recommend that you always log out of your account and close the website browser for your security reasons.
We also recommend that you enhance your online safety by following these guidelines:
- Keep your account passwords private. Do not share it.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is the safest choice. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or your other personal data that can be easily accessed. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive our e-mail newsletters. If you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
Cookies are small data files - text in particular - which are temporarily stored on your devices and used by webpages and on-line applications. They enable us to display a personalized version of indicated page, track your current shopping experience, save the contents of your shopping bag and gather valuable marketing information on website usage which allows us to constantly improve our service to you.
- Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information.
- In order to shop with us your computer must be set up to receive cookies.
What types of cookie are there?
Broadly speaking, there are four types of cookie: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies and targeting or advertising cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to navigate around a website and use its features. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous data on how visitors use a website; they can’t track users, and are only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies allow users to customise how a website looks for them: they can remember usernames, language preferences and regions, and can be used to provide more personal services.
- Advertising and targeting cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks.
Additionally, these cookies break down into two further sub-types.
- Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are temporary. They allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookie files used by external sites integrated with store, e.g. Google Analytics, including those used by web page users, that underlie their privacy policies.
Our company website and other related systems generate persistent cookies with lifespan of 90 days. Such files can be of course deleted before this time as we stated below.
- Authenticate user on website and support user session:
- support user session (after signing in), so the user doesn't have to enter login and password on every site sub-page;
- correctly configure indicated functions of website, allowing to - in particular - verify browser session authenticity;
- support other functions necessary to provide full website functionality.
- Correctly support affiliate program and authenticate user redirections.
- Analyse website traffic:create anonymous statistics, that allow to comprehend, how users use the website, which influences their structure and content.
- Ensure website security, safety and reliability.
We set the following cookies:
- "client" and "_IAI_AC" - these are persistent cookies with session ID. Lifespan is - accordingly - 1 day and 7 days.
- "affiliate" - customer login (store partner), who - within store affiliate partner - directed other users to the store. Lifespan is 90 days.
Kontri Ltd. uses Google Analytics to monitor visits to our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How do I turn cookies off?
Web browsers - as a standard - accept cookies automatically. This setting can be of course changed in web browser settings or cookies stored by the browser can be manually deleted (or automatically cleared on close) after session end. Generally you have the option to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings. Remember however, that limiting storing cookie files can influence the work of multiple web pages or even block some options, particularly those, that require user to perform some actions before content is displayed.
Updates to this policy
• e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• write to us at: KONTRI LTD. 49 Hevea Road DE13 0SH Burton-on-Trent UK