Version 1.4 updated March 3, 2019
We want you to be fully informed below links will help you navigate this page:
A data controller is an organisation that collects and uses personal data and decides how that personal data is used and managed.
Kontri Ltd. (registered in England, number 08505698, registered office: 49 Hevea Road Burton-on-Trent DE13 0SH, 020 3129 1615/+44 20 3129 1615, firstname.lastname@example.org owner of online stores othereden.co.uk/kiddymoon.co.uk is the Controller of the personal data you (data subject) provide us.
- When you visit our website;
- When you make an online purchase;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter service (to emails about our new arrivals, promotional offers, discounts and so on);
- When you register an online account with us;
- When you contact us for example by sending an email to our customer service;
- Your first/last name and contact details, including billing and delivery address, phone number, email address, IP address;
- Your correspondence and communication with us;
- Your orders placed with us;
- Cookie information (more on cookies click here).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The provision of all personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our services for example to conclude a transaction.
Some of the above personal data is collected directly (for example when you register an account with us, change any of your details via Your Account, make a purchase or send an email to our customer service). Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
We offer you the option that allows you to register and to log in using your Facebook or Google+ account. If you choose to do that (and authorize such access request) we will retrieve some personal data, stored on those accounts for registration or identification purposes. Using this option makes registration quicker (no additional; passwords to remember). Please be assured, that we do not post anything on your behalf on those accounts.
Acting as data processor
We need to process your personal data for a number of different reasons.
The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal data:
1) To perform our contract with you or for any pre-contractual obligations:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- provide you customer support;
- for proper functioning of the website (for example to store how many items are in your shopping bag);
- to manage your registered online account;
- to process your returns, refunds, complaints etc.;
- send you service messages by e-mail (so that you are updated about your order/account for example no payment notification or shipping confirmation).
2) To fulfil our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party:
When we process personal data to fulfil our legitimate interests we will use it in a way in which you would reasonably expect and which will have a minimal privacy impact.
Those instances include:
- handling customer queries not strictly related to our contract with you our pre-contractual obligations;
- analysis and statistical purposes;
- to improve our website;
- to send you an email invitation to review our service in a third party on-line review community. These messages will not include any promotional content and helps us improve our service and helps other potential buyers make an informed decision about buying with us. We may use third parties to send you these invitations;
- train our staff (so when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service)
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
3) To comply with legal obligations:
- to which our business is subject as well as keep records of our compliance processes or tax records;
- where, we are legally obliged, to disclose your information to relevant authorities.
4) Your consent
When we are relying on consent as our legal basis to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- to contact you via email (with your prior agreement, you are free to opt out at any time) about our new arrivals, promotional offers, discounts and so on (for example when you did not finish placing your order);
How long will the data be stored for?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to make certain services available to you. These third parties process your personal information on our behalf and are required to meet high standards of security before doing so.
These companies may belong the following categories:
- Technology providers – so partners that provide IT, website/webstore services, deploy our email campaigns for us; send invitations to review our service;
- Payment providers (such as Paypal);
- Customer service providers – partners who work with us to provide you with help (for example questions relating to our products, your orders, your account with us);
- Distributors and manufacturers of goods – partners who fulfil orders and deliver products to you, who may also manage your returns on our behalf;
- Delivery companies – couriers, postal companies and other firms that help us deliver your goods to you;
- Returns centres – companies that accept returns from our international customers in other countries that UK so your return is quicker, easier and cheaper for you;
- Marketing service providers – marketing agencies, advertising partners who help us deliver our marketing and advertising to you;
- Consultants, auditors and other similar partners that help us in various ways get better;
- Regulators and other governmental agencies or law enforcement agencies, in response to a verified requests or legal processes;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
Transferring personal data outside of the EEA (European Economic Area)
You have quite a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- Right to be informed about collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to access personal data we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
- Right to correct your personal data when incorrect or incomplete (if you have an account with us you can also correct your data yourself in Your Account).
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right, under certain circumstances, to object to processing of your personal data (for example when we are processing your data for the purpose of our legitimate interest). You will find more information about your right to object here
- Right, under certain circumstances, to restrict processing of your personal data (in this case we will not process your data for any other purpose than storage).
- Right under certain circumstances, to have your personal data erased, where we no longer have any legal reason to retain them.
- Right to request that we provide to you your personal data in a commonly used format, and if technically possible, that we transfer them to another data controller. This is applicable provided that your data is processed by automated means and that processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are a part of or on pre-contractual obligations.
How to exercise your rights
Complaint with a data protection supervisory authority
You also have the right to make a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In the UK this role is performed by the Information Commissioner Office https://ico.org.uk/
You may object to processing of your personal data when:
- they are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you can object at any time without providing any justification;
- they are processed under the following purposes: legitimate interest or statistical purpose; you must provide a specific reason and tell us why you are objecting to processing of your data (your grounds should related to your particular situation).
How to stop marketing messages from us:
At any time you can stop receiving marketing messages from us by:
- by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of any marketing email from us;
- by using the unsubscribe option available on our main website next to the SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER section;
- by contacting our customer service.
Please note it might take a short period for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
We acknowledge the importance of responsible use of your personal data, please be assured that we do not sell collected data to any third parties.
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us. When signing in, logging in or placing your order in your browser you will see an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key, which means that encryption is used.
We also recommend that you enhance your online safety by following these guidelines:
• Keep your account passwords private. Do not share it.
• When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is the safest choice. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or your other personal data that can be easily accessed. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this in Your Account-> Customer Details-> Change your password (don’t forget to save the changes).
• Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
• If you use our website in a public location, we recommend that you always log out of your account and close the website browser for your security reasons.
Cookies are small data files - text in particular - which are temporarily stored on your devices and used by webpages and on-line applications. They enable you to shop, enhance your shopping experience and to help us analyse traffic on our traffic. Some of the cookies we use will expire after a browser session end (called session cookies). Other cookies (called persistent cookies) remain on your device between browser sessions and allow us to recognize you on your next visit. You can see the duration of the storage in settings of your web browser.
Cookies cannot harm your computer or other device.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. For a guide to disabling cookies or to opt out of their usage please visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies. However cookies are essential for proper operation of our websites and you will need to have cookies enabled to place an order.
Do not track (DNT) feature
Some browsers offer Do not track future (DNT). Once enabled your browsing isn't tracked, for example by third party advertisers, social networks, or analytic companies. Our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests as there in no agreed-upon standard that determines how such request should be managed. We’ll monitor if any such standard is adopted, but for now we won't be able to respond to DNT requests.
What types of cookie are there?
Broadly speaking, there are four types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies and targeting or advertising cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to navigate around a website and to use it. For example, they help allow you to log in securely, add and store your items in your shopping bag or to return to pages you have previously visited. So without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services.
- Performance cookies called also analytical cookies collect anonymous data on how visitors use a website; they can’t track users, and are only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies are used allow users to customise how a website looks for them: they can remember usernames, language preferences and regions, and can be used to provide more personal services.
- Advertising and targeting cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks.
Kontri Ltd. uses Google Analytics to monitor visits to our website. This is based on cookies and provides us with non-personally identifiable usage data that we can use to make our website better and understand how our customers navigate our site. Google Analytics makes use of the User ID feature which makes possible associating of a single user ID with that user's engagement data from one or more sessions initiated from one or more devices. So basically it means that, if you perform a search on a phone, place an order on your computer and access your account on another device (for example a tablet), all on the same website, this will be viewed as one user’s interactions with the website. It gives a more accurate view of user interactions and user count in analytic reports for the website but doesn’t allow to personally identify you or identify a particular device permanently.
• e-mail us at: email@example.com
• write to us at: KONTRI LTD. 49 Hevea Road Burton-on-Trent DE13 0SH UK